Saturday, January 18, 2020

Things I envision myself doing whilst sober

What will I do when I am not a slave to the vodka?

The answers shouldn't be that complicated. A little over a year ago I had 3 weeks sober under my belt, but I don't feel like was was "living" at that point. I feel like I was merely doing things to keep my sober time safe with no hiccups and there is NO shame in that.

But as I am reading sober blogs of ppl that have a significant amount of sober time, I wonder what I would do to improve my life more than just NOT poisoning it every day.

I mean, what would my schedule look like?

I would still go to work the same time, but I would be much more rested of course. I would work my full work week but maybe I might be energetic enough for a small walk at lunch instead of sitting and gossiping with the girls (not that there is anything wrong with that) for a half and hour.

When I got home from work would I have the energy and the inclination to get a half an hour work out in to power me through making dinner and doing some chores?

After that will I have the mindset to shower (no bath option for me) to have a rinse off and then start a skin care regime before I get ready for bed?

This sounds like I'm being sarcastic about it, but this is really what I want. I'm just so stuck in the: "Go to work hungover, come home from work to immediately drink, do as little as possible because I'm fat and lazy and pass out without being sure if I even ate dinner or how I left things with my husband." mode.

God, no wonder I'm looking forward to Sober Sunday!

I do fear though, that getting sober will not take away my laziness gene...

No comments:

Post a Comment